At least nineteen Illinois cases are now linked to the reports of elevated lead levels in recalled cinnamon applesauce pouches. To learn more about the recall, go to https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/news/lead-poisoning-outbreak-linked-to-cinnamon-applesauce-pouches.html. If you or a family member consumed this product, consult your health care provider.
Manufactured & Modular Homes/Mobile Structures
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regulates construction of modular homes and commercial mobile structures located in Illinois. Staff review plans for each model to be located in Illinois to ensure that these units meet minimum structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and energy conservation standards. About 1,300 modular homes and commercial mobile structures are placed in Illinois annually..
The IDPH also has responsibilities relating to manufactured homes. To ensure quality living conditions for people who reside in manufactured home communities, IDPH licenses all parks with 5 or more sites (except those located in home rule units). Staff inspects each park annually for license renewal, at which time they check the water supply, sewage disposal system, electrical system, lighting, road conditions, spacing of homes, and garbage disposal. The IDPH staff also review plans for all new parks and any additions to existing ones.
State law requires that all manufactured homes moved since January 1, 1980, be secured using equipment that meets standards adopted by IDPH. Although installers of tiedown equipment must comply with these standards, the homeowner is ultimately responsible for properly securing the home.
Effective December 31, 2001, the Manufactured Home Quality Assurance Act requires all manufactured homes to be installed by an Illinois licensed manufactured home installer or the homeowner. These homes must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. If instructions are not available, the homes must be installed in accordance with the Department's Manufactured Home Installation Code.
Effective April 1, 2019, IDPH will no longer be a State Administrative Agent for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The HUD Manufactured Home Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) provides timely resolution of disputes between manufacturers, retailers and installers when the parties cannot agree on a solution to a construction and/or safety defect with a manufactured home. HUD will be the point of contact for homeowners who are experiencing problems with manufactured
More information about the HUD Manufactured Home program is at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/rmra/mhs/mhshome. To submit a dispute, go to http://www.huddrp.net/SubmitDispute.
- Application for Manufactured Home Community
- Application To Alter Manufactured Home Community
- Application for Manufactured Home Manufacturer License
- Manufactured Housing Consumer Complaint Form
- Manufactured Home Community Transfer Application
- Original Application for Manufactured Home Installer License
- Renewal Application for Manufactured Home Installer License
- Request for Manufactured Home Installation Seals and Certificates
- Special Flood Hazard Area Location Request Form
Laws & Rules
- Abandoned Mobile Home Act
- Abandoned Mobile Home Act (Printer-friendly)
- Manufactured Home Community Code
- Manufactured Home Community Code (Printer-friendly)
- Manufactured Home Installation Code
- Manufactured Home Installation Code (Printer-friendly)
- Manufactured Home Installers Act
- Manufactured Home Installers Act (Printer-friendly)
- Manufactured Home Quality Assurance Act
- Manufactured Home Quality Assurance Act (Printer-friendly)
- Modular Dwelling and Mobile Structure Safety Act
- Modular Dwelling and Mobile Structure Safety Act (Printer-friendly)
- Mobile Home Tiedown Act
- Mobile Home Tiedown Act (Printer-friendly)
- Modular Dwellings and Mobile Structures Code
- Modular Dwellings and Mobile Structures Code (Printer-friendly)
- Mobile Home Landlord and Tenant Rights Act
- Mobile Home Landlord and Tenants Rights Act (Printer-friendly)
- Mobile Home Park Act
- Mobile Home Park Act (Printer-friendly)