Qualifying Patient Renewal Instructions
- If you want to continue with the MCPP program, you will need to submit an extension or renewal prior to the card expiring. Please refer to the Qualifying Patient Extension Instructions for the extension process. An email will be sent to you when it is time to renew your card. You will sign into the system using your Username and Password.
- Select the application in the Tracking Inbox with the Pending Renewal status.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-sign-in.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-pending-renewal.png
Starting MCPP Patient Renewal Application
- You will need to select a 1-year, 2-year, or 3-year timeframe for the renewal application.
You will have to answer the caregiver question. If you would like your current caregiver(s) renewed or you would like to add a caregiver to your current card or future card, then select “Yes” to the caregiver question. If you do not want to renew any of your current caregivers and are not adding a new caregiver to your current card or future card, then select “No”. The caregiver cancellation process is at a later stage in this document.
- In the Patient Information Section, review and complete all the required fields marked with an asterisk. The application will require new documents to be uploaded. The application has red text to help you upload your new documents. You will click update under the document to clear the old document and then select Browse to upload the new document.
- In the Patient Proof of Identity Section, complete all the required fields marked with an asterisk.
- In the Fees Section, if you answer “Yes” to either question you will be required to upload the files.
- In the Patient Veteran Status Section, if you answer “Yes” please upload the following: VA health records for the most current 12-month period by logging in to My HealtheVet and provide the following reports available in the VA blue Button: VA Appointments and VA Medication History. If you answer “No” a certification from your Healthcare Provider will need to be uploaded at a later stage in the application.
- In the Applicant Signature Verification Section, you will electronically sign the application and select the “Save” button. If you are cancelling any caregivers or adding any caregivers during the renewal process, then DO NOT SELECT “Save and Continue” yet. Go to the “MCPP Patient Caregiver tab.
- If you selected “No” to the caregiver question and you have no current caregivers with your card, select “Save and Continue” to move to the next step of the renewal application.
If you selected “No” to the caregiver question but have a current caregiver(s) and do not want to renew these caregivers, or you answered Yes to the caregiver question see the next section “Cancelling or Adding a Caregiver in the Renewal Application.”
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-card-term.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-caregiver-question.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-patient-information.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-patient-proof-of-identity.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-fees-question.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-patient-veteran-status.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-application-signature.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-caregiver-no-proceed.png
Cancelling or Adding a Caregiver in the Renewal Application
- If you are not on the” MCPP Patient Caregiver” tab, then select the “MCPP Patient Caregiver” tab.
- If you would like to cancel the future card of your current caregiver, you will select the caregiver from the tracking inbox. Once you open the caregiver application you will select the “Cancel Caregiver” button at the bottom of the page.
Once this is selected, the system will take you back to the Caregiver List. If you select the “Cancelled Caregiver” button, you will see a message that the future card is cancelled.
If you would like the current caregiver card cancelled while you are in Pending Renewal status then send an email request to DPH.MedicalCannabis@illinois.gov. Please include your name, date of birth, QP number, caregiver name, caregiver date of birth, and CG number in the cancel request.
- If you would like to renew your current caregiver, select the caregiver application that is in Pending/Awaiting Renewal status from your tracking inbox.
You will review and complete all the required fields marked with an asterisk. The application will require new documents to be uploaded. The application has red text to help you upload your new documents. You will click update under the document to clear the old document and then select Browse to select a new document.
- If you would like to add a caregiver while in Pending Renewal status, then select the “+ New” and complete the required fields and upload the required documents.
You will be asked at the bottom of the caregiver application if you would like to add this caregiver to your current card. The fee to add the caregiver to the current card is $25. You will also be asked if you would like to add the caregiver to the future card. The caregiver fee is $25 per year.
Once you have completed the caregiver application select “Save”. If you selected to add the caregiver to your current card you are taken to the payment tab to pay the caregiver fee for the current card. After the caregiver fee is paid for the current card the system will take you to the Patient Application page. If you need to add, renew, or cancel any additional caregivers go back to the “MCPP Patient Caregiver” tab. Please note that you can only have up to 3 caregivers.
- Once you have cancelled, renewed, and/or added all your caregivers click on the “MCPP Patient Registration” tab and click the “Save & Continue” button to continue the Renewal Application process. Note: Once you click on the “Save & Continue” button you will not be able change your information (except for gender, email, phone number, and the dispensary).
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-caregiver-tab.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-cancel-caregiver.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-canceled-caregiver.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-renew-caregier.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-add-additional-caregiver.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-add-caregiver-to-current-card.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-caregiver-save.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-caregiver-no-proceed.png
Healthcare Professional Certification Upload
- To add a Healthcare Professional Certification, click on the Provider Certification tab and click the “+ New” button.
- Once you have selected the Health Care Professional Certification from the dropdown click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page. If your answered “Yes” to the Patient Veteran Status question or if your Health Care Professional previously designated your condition as Lifelong you will not need to upload a Health Care Professional Certification. Note: The Health Care Professional Certification will only be available to upload for the Patient once the Health Care Professional has submitted the Certification. If no certification is available to upload, please contact your Healthcare Professional.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-cert-upload.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-cert-upload-save.png
- To make a payment go to the Payment tab and click “+ New” button to submit your payment.
- Select the “Click Here to Pay” button to finalize the application. After the payment is submitted you will receive an email notification.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-submit-payment-1.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-submit-payment-finalize-1.png