Health Care Professional Certification
Creating a Heath Care Professional (HCP) Certification for a Qualifying Patient
- Sign In to ICTS: https://icts.illinois.gov
- It is important to review the directions at the top of each page until you become familiar with the process.
- Click on the Health Care Professional Certifications link.
- For new patients select the “+New” button.
- The New Certification page appears. Select the Medical Cannabis Patient Program (MCPP).
- A Minor Qualifying Patient needs a HCP Certification and a Reviewing HCP Certification. Select yes if you are an HCP submitting a Reviewing HCP Certification.
- Once the Reviewing HCP Certification question is answered you will be prompted to answer if the patient is terminally ill or not. Please review the State’s definition of terminally ill.
- Health Care Professionals should have the Patient SSN, Patient First Name, Patient Last Name, Patient Suffix if applicable and the Date of Birth available so the HCP can enter the correct information.
- Enter the In-Person physical exam date and the length of time the patient has been under the care of the HCP in years and months. If this is their first visit enter 0 years and 0 months. The exam date must be within 90 days of the application submission.
- Select one or more medical debilitating condition(s).
- A HCP can choose so select “Yes” to the lifelong debilitation condition question. If “Yes” is selected, future renewals will not require the HCP to submit Health Care Professional Certifications. This designation can only be changed by revoking the certification and resubmitting a new certification.
- The Certification Status should be auto populated with Eligible.
- Enter the Health Care Professional PIN created during registration.
- Read the following text and enter your full name.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. The Certification List appears where Health Care Professionals can gain access to Patient Certification records. Note: The patient will sign into their application and be able to add the Health Care Professional Certification to their application. Health Care Professional Certifications will be automatically set to Expired after 90 days if the Certification is not used for a Patient Registration application. In that situation, no manual action is required.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-review-directions.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-certifications-link.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-new-patient-button.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-select-mcpp.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-minor-patient.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-terminally-ill.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-patient-information.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-patient-exam-date.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-patient-debilitating-conditions.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-patient-lifelong-debilitating-conditions.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-certification-status-eligible.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-pin.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-confirmation-full-name.png
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-certification-list.png