The Precious Drugs & Scary Bugs Campaign currently targets healthcare providers practicing in outpatient settings (e.g., primary care clinics, community health centers, urgent care clinics). Campaign signup involves:
- Completion of a Facility Interest Form, typically completed by the site leader (e.g., Medical Director), practice manager, or other facility point of contact. See participating facilities here.
- Completion of a Provider Commitment Form, completed by each individual provider at the participating facility.
After signing up, campaign participants will: complete brief pre-/post- surveys, place personalized public commitment posters in examination rooms, attend educational offerings, and track antibiotic prescribing data. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
A successful campaign depends on support from a diversity of groups including professional associations, healthcare systems, healthcare plans, local health departments, pharmacies, schools, consumer groups, business associations, and other stakeholders.
Help promote appropriate antibiotic use and join us in improving patient care. For instance, you can:
- Share information about the campaign
- Participate in the campaign workgroup
- Provide resource support e.g., printing, marketing, filming, continuing education units
- Educate the public or deliver presentations on appropriate antibiotic use to other groups
- Participate in Get Smart about Antibiotics Week, a national observance held each November.
Partners will be recognized on the IDPH website.
To partner with us, email email@example.com.