Creating a Waiver for Increased Allotment
Submitting a Heath Care Professional Waiver for Increased Allotment
1. Sign In to ICTS: https://icts.illinois.gov
2. It is important to review the directions at the top of each page until you become familiar with the process.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-review-directions.png
3. Click on the Health Care Professional Certifications link.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-certifications-link.png
4. In the Certification Listing, find the patient certification you want to increase the allotment to and click the record. Note: Click a heading to sort the list.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-alottment-patient-selection.png
5. Click on the “Health Care Professional Waiver” tab at the top of the page.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-waiver-tab.png
6. For a new waiver click on “+New”.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-new-waiver.png
7. Type in the total amount you would like the patient to be able to purchase in a 14-day period, this amount must be greater than 2.5 ounces.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-allowable-amount.png
8. Type in the substantial medical basis for the increase of the allotment. The debilitating medical condition cannot be used as a reason for the increase in the allotment.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-medical-basis.png
9. Read the statement and electronically sign your name and click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/idph/files/mcpp-hcp-electronic-signature.png
10. The patient will receive an email notification informing them their Health Care Professional has increased their medical cannabis allotment.