Talking to Parents About Immunizations – Resource Toolkit
Vaccines are among the most successful and cost-effective public health tools available for preventing disease and death. However, many parents still remain hesitant about their child being vaccinated. This electronic toolkit that can be used by health care providers, community health care workers, and local health departments to help educate parents and increase vaccination rates.
The toolkit includes
- Health Care Provider Commitment for Exam Room – designed to stimulate conversation about vaccines, this should be printed and displayed in exam rooms. Providers have the opportunity to add their signatures/pictures to the template to attest that they are partnering with IDPH to vaccinate Illinois children.
- Immunization Infographic – can be used online – on websites or social media - and/or printed for exam rooms (printer-friendly version)
- CDC Fact Sheet on Vaccine Hesitancy (for health care providers) – provides talking points for providers to use when discussing vaccines with concerned parents
- IDPH Fact Sheet on Vaccine Hesitancy (for community health workers) – provides talking points for community health workers to use when discussing vaccines
- Immunization Action Coalition’s Top 10 Reasons to Vaccine Your Child – English and Spanish
- IDPH Immunization Information – IDPH website that includes links to vaccine requirements, forms, and disease information