Skip to main content

National Interest Waiver

A foreign national physician who wishes to initiate the process for permanent residence in the U.S. shall have an approved labor certification and a job offer and his or her employer shall file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker form with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, citizenship and Immigration Service.  In certain circumstances, the labor certification may be waiver through the approval of a National Interest Waiver (NIW).
Individuals must submit the Illinois National Interest Waiver Letter Request Form, along with supporting documentation, to the Department’s Center for Rural Health for review and processing.


Laws & Rules