Office of Performance Management
The Illinois Department of Public Health promotes operational effectiveness, accountability, and transparency by developing, coordinating, and strengthening efforts to be an outcome-oriented, customer-focused, employee-enabled, and transparent organization. The Office of Performance Management supports the Department of Public Health planning, analysis, and accountability efforts that include grant management, performance management, and quality improvement. The Office of Performance Management is responsible for coordinating IDPH’s accreditation initiative.
Performance Management actively uses performance data to improve the public’s health to ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. Performance data including the strategic use of performance standards, measures, progress reports, and ongoing quality improvement efforts ensure an agency achieves desired results.
- Public Health Foundation: Getting Started with Performance Management
- National Network of Public Health Institutes: Public Health Performance Improvement Tool Kit
- Public Health Foundation: Performance Management
- Public Health Foundation: Performance Management: Improving Systems Systemically Webinar
- NACCHO Performance Improvement Communications
- NNPHI Accreditation and Performance Improvement
- Performance Measurement for Public Health Policy
- Measuring Performance