OAPP Qualifying Patient Application Instructions
Initial Patient Registration
1. Patients can register to the Illinois Cannabis Tracking System (ICTS) at https://etk.icts.illinois.gov/etk-icts-prod/login.request.do and select OAPP Patient Registration.
2. To register, the patient must complete the following information and click Register.
3. Once the patient successfully completes the registration process, an email notification will be sent with a temporary password.
4. The patient will be asked to change the password with the first log-in. Hover over My Account and click Password.
5. Change the password as instructed and click Save.
Starting OAPP Patient Application
1. New Applicants: Select +New OAPP Patient Registration to begin an OAPP application. If you are not sure which program to apply for, talk to your health care provider before starting your application.
2. In the Patient Information section, complete the required fields marked with an asterisk and upload the required documents. Note: The photo must not be a picture of your driver’s license, state ID card, or government issued passport. The photo must be in JPEG format.
3. In the Patient Proof of Identity section, click on the dropdown box and select the Identification Type (driver’s license or state ID). You will be required to upload a document for proof of identification and one document for proof of residency.
4. In the Patient Veteran Status section, if you answer Yes, upload the Veteran’s Administration (VA) health records for the most current 12-month period by logging in to My HealtheVet and provide the VA Appointments and VA Medication History available through the VA blue button. If you answer No, a certification from your health care provider will need to be uploaded at a later stage in the application.
5. In the Applicant Signature Verification section, electronically sign the application and select Save.
6. After you have completed the required fields, uploaded the required documentation, and verified the information is correct click Save and proceed with the application process.
Health Care Provider Certification Upload
1. To add a health care provider certification, click + New. NOTE: Health care provider’s certifications are only valid for 30 days from the date of in-person/telemedicine examination.
2. Once you have selected the Health Care Provider Certification, click Save at the bottom of the page. If you answered Yes to the Patient Veteran Status question, you will not be prompted to upload a health care provider certification. Note: The health care provider certification will only be available to upload for the patient once the health care provider has submitted the certification. If no certification is available to upload, contact your health care provider.
1. To make a payment, select and click + New to submit your payment.
2. Then select Click Here to Pay to finalize the application. After the payment is submitted, you will receive an email notification.