Public Health Officials Announce 1,108 New Cases of Coronavirus Disease
64% of Illinois adults have received at least one vaccine dose and 47% are fully vaccinated
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 1,108 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 43 additional deaths. In addition, 64% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and 47% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Cass County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s
- Champaign County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 20s, 1 female 30s, 1 female 40s, 3 males 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 60s, 3 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 3 females 80s, 3 males 80s, 1 female 90s, 2 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 50s
- Lake County: 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 70s
- Macoupin County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 60s
- Peoria County: 1 female 20s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s
- Saline County: 1 male 90s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 50s
- Warren County: 1 female 90s
- Will County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s
- Woodford County: 1 female 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,374,565 cases, including 22,599 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 59,314 specimens for a total of 24,184,067. As of last night, 1,401 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 347 patients were in the ICU and 202 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 15-21, 2021 is 2.3%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 15-21, 2021 is 2.8%.
A total of 10,843,665 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 74,487 doses. Yesterday, 76,652 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.