At least sixteen Illinois cases are now linked to the reports of elevated lead levels in recalled cinnamon applesauce pouches. To learn more about the recall, go to https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/news/lead-poisoning-outbreak-linked-to-cinnamon-applesauce-pouches.html. If you or a family member consumed this product, consult your health care provider.
Locally caught fish are nutritious, but some waters contain chemicals that get into the food that fish eat. These chemicals build up in fish and can cause harm to people who eat them over extended periods of time. Illinois issues fish advisories to keep your exposure to these chemicals below harmful levels.
You can access meal advice for Illinois waters through our interactive fish advisory map. Advisories can be viewed by clicking on a county for a list of local advisories, or selecting a water body from the comprehensive list below the map. Additional fish advisory information can be accessed under the Resources and Publications sections of this page. For more information, including questions for waters not listed on this mapping tool, please contact DPH.Tox@illinois.gov or 217-782-5830.
- 2023 Fish Advisories
- Haff Disease Fact Sheet
- The Parent’s Guide to Eating Fish
- Illinois Fish and Your Health
- Fish Advisories in Illinois Fact Sheet
- Fish Meal Card
- Fish Coloring Book PreK - Grade 2
- Fish Coloring Book Grade 3-5
- Facts About Illinois' Chlordane Advisory
- Facts About Illinois' Methylmercury Advisory
- Facts About Illinois' Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Advisory