Skip to main content

At least nineteen Illinois cases are now linked to the reports of elevated lead levels in recalled cinnamon applesauce pouches. To learn more about the recall, go to If you or a family member consumed this product, consult your health care provider.


If the biological parents of a child are not married/in a civil union, are both available to sign forms and no other man is listed on the birth certificate, a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity (VAP) form is completed. This form is available from a county clerk, health department, and public aid (HFS) office, or it may be found at Child Support Services (see RESOURCES in the right-hand column).

If the biological parents are not married/in a civil union and either parent is NOT available to sign forms, a Court Order of Paternity is required. Contact your local court system for further details.

If a court has determined who the biological father/co-parent of a child is and you have a Court Order of Paternity, submit the Affidavit and Certificate of Correction Request form (see FORMS in the right-hand column) and a certified copy of the court order of paternity. You can obtain a certified copy from the circuit clerk's office. The court order will not be returned to you; it becomes part of the sealed file.

You also will need to include the following:

  • The father/co-parent's full name
  • The father/co-parent's date of birth
  • The father/co-parent's place of birth (state or country if other than the United States)
  • The father/co-parent's Social Security number
  • A copy of the valid/non-expired government issued photo IDs of both mother/co-parent and father/co-parent
  • To learn more about the required costs/fees, see ¬†RESOURCES in the right-hand column and click on Costs/Fees

NOTE: A copy of DNA results are not acceptable as proof of paternity.



Laws & Rules