Women's Health Staff
The following steps outline how Women's Health Staff would sign-up and register for access to SIREN/HAN.
SIREN (State of Illinois Rapid Electronic Notification), has a self-registration process at www.siren.illinois.gov to receive important notifications from The Illinois Department of Public Health.
Steps to complete registration:
- Select your organizations. Filter using IDPH, then click on the gray Select Organization button.
- Expand DPH-Partners & also DPH – Women’s Health Partners.
- Select all the sub-organizations based on the type of alerts you are wanting to receive. Only select from these organizations available below that most closely fit, as you will be rejected out of all others.
- DPH – Family Practice
- DPH – Midwives / Doulas / Birthing Centers
- DPH – OBGYN / Nurse Practitioners
- Please use your firstname.lastname as your username.
- Ex) john.smith
- The password must adhere to the password requirements.
- Ensure that you add your work email, work phone, and an alternate phone (mobile phone or home phone) where SIREN can reach you in the event of an emergency.
- If you wish to receive Text Messages, please add the option SMS/Text MSG with each appropriate mobile phone number.
- Add the SIREN phone number (866-998-3678) to your mobile contacts. This will help you determine when you are getting a SIREN alert notification and not a toll-free caller.
- You can also add the SIREN text message numbers (246-39 & 542-92) to your newly created contact.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we would be happy to assist firstname.lastname@example.org