SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,907 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 25 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 60s, 3 females 70s, 3 males 70s, 1 female 80s
- DeWitt County: 1 male 60s
- DuPage County: 1 male 90s
- Fayette County: 1 male 50s
- Hancock County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 female 40s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s
- Knox County: 1 male 70s
- McHenry County: 1 male 50s
- McLean County: 1 male 60s
- Sangamon County: 1 male 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 90s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Woodford County: 1 male 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,318,998 cases, including 21,802 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 94,766 specimens for a total of 22,208,256. As of last night, 2,048 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 462 patients were in the ICU and 234 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 17-23, 2021 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 17-23, 2021 is 4.1%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 10,893,875. A total of 8,736,002 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 113,814 doses. Yesterday, 125,524 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.