SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,813 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 32 additional deaths.
- Champaign County: 1 male 60s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 3 males 70s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 2 males 80s
- Fulton County: 1 female 60s
- Jasper County: 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 80s
- Macon County: 1 female 60s
- Madison County: 1 female 30s
- McLean County: 1 female 80s
- Ogle County: 1 male 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 female 70s
- Will County: 1 male 60s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 50s
- Woodford County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 60s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,337,868 cases, including 21,992 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 83,070 specimens for a total of 22,749,403. As of last night, 2,000 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 473 patients were in the ICU and 238 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from April 24-30, 2021 is 3.5%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from April 24-30, 2021 is 4.1%.
The total number of COVID-19 vaccine doses for Illinois is 11,802,395. A total of 9,348,459 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 87,494 doses. Yesterday, 88,753 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has been changed, therefore numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.