SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 2,352 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 75 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 20s, 1 male 30s, 2 females 50s, 4 males 50s, 6 females 60s, 8 males 60s, 7 females 70s, 8 males 70s, 6 females 80s, 5 males 80s, 1 unknown 80s, 8 females 90s, 2 males 90s
- DuPage County: 1 female 90s, 1 female 100+
- Kane County: 1 male 30s, 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 60s
- Macon County: 1 male 90s
- Madison County: 2 females 90s, 1 male 90s
- Will County: 2 male 50s, 2 females 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 50s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 107,796 cases, including 4,790 deaths, in 100 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 25,114 specimens for a total of 722,247. The statewide 7-day rolling positivity rate, May14th – May 20th is 13%
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.