SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 2,060 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 48 additional deaths.
- Bond County: 1 male 80s
- Champaign County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 2 males 60s, 2 females 70s, 1 female 80s, 3 males 80s
- Cumberland County: 1 male 70s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Grundy County: 1 female 60s
- Iroquois County: 1 male 70s
- Kane County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Kankakee County: 1 female 50s
- Knox County: 1 female 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 90s
- LaSalle County: 2 males 80s
- Lee County: 1 male 50s
- Madison County: 1 male 70s
- Marion County: 1 female 80s
- McHenry County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- Ogle County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 80s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- Stark County: 1 female 80s
- Stephenson County: 1 male 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 80s, 3 females 90s
- Woodford County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,146,341 cases, including 19,633 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 81,550 specimens for a total 16,636,585. As of last night, 2,188 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 507 patients were in the ICU and 245 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from January 31–February 6, 2021 is 3.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from January 31–February 6, 2021 is 4.1%.
A total of 1,635,925 doses of vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 496,100 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 2,132,025. A total of 1,342,857 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 188,351 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 51,553 doses. Yesterday, a total of 48,359 were doses administered.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported has changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.