SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 1,780 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 34 additional deaths.
- Champaign County: 1 female 60s
- Cook County: 2 males 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 4 males 80s, 1 female 90s
- Crawford County: 1 male 70s
- DuPage County: 1 male 80s
- Franklin County: 1 male 80s
- Greene County: 1 male 60s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Madison County: 1 female 90s
- Marshall County: 1 male 60s
- Montgomery County: 1 female 60s
- Moultrie County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 80s
- Vermilion County: 1 female 60s
- Will County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s
- Williamson County: 1 male 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,185,447 cases, including 20,494 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 81,668 specimens for a total of 18,069,753. As of last night, 1,353 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 312 patients were in the ICU and 160 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from February 20–26, 2021 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from February 20–26, 2021 is 2.7%.
A total of doses of 2,740,105 vaccine have been delivered to providers in Illinois, including Chicago. In addition, approximately 443,700 doses total have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities. This brings the total Illinois doses to 3,183,805. A total of 2,626,668 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight, including 312,513 for long-term care facilities. The 7-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 69,736 doses. Yesterday, 83,048 doses were administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.