SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 1,248 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 24 additional deaths.
- Boone County: 1 male 60s
- Cook County: 1 male 20s, 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 80s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
- Grundy County: 1 male 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 female 50s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 70s
- Lee County: 1 female 90s
- McLean County: 1 female 60s
- Peoria County: 1 female 60s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 50s
- Will County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 70s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 60s
- Woodford County: 1 male 50s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,366,268 cases, including 22,439 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 52,013 specimens for a total of 23,813,589. As of last night, 1,581 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 404 patients were in the ICU and 218 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from May 9-15, 2021 is 2.4%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from May 9-15, 2021 is 2.9%.
A total of 10,375,588 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 66,728 doses. Yesterday, 53,335 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com.