Effective June 1 – New application forms for patients and caregivers
New application forms are available for medical cannabis patients and caregivers. Please note, after July 31, 2016, application forms dated 9/14 (see bottom of form) will no longer be accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
Applicants should discuss the use of medical cannabis with their physician before beginning an application. All applicants, except for Veterans receiving care at a VA facility, must have their physician submit a written certification for the use of medical cannabis.
To qualify for a patient registry identification card, a qualifying patient must:
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois at the time of application and remain a resident during participation in the program;
- Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition;
- Have a signed physician certification for the use of medical cannabis;
- Complete the fingerprint-based background check and not have been convicted of an excluded offense (a felony under the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, Cannabis Control Act, or Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, or similar provisions in a local ordinance or other jurisdiction), unless the Department waives such a conviction(s);
- Be at least 18 years of age; Not hold a school bus permit or Commercial Driver’s License; and
- Not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer, or firefighter.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 1-855-636-3688.