To conduct any lead services, including lead inspection, lead risk assessment, lead hazard screening, lead mitigation and lead abatement work and supervision, in a regulated facility in Illinois, an individual shall be licensed in accordance with the Act and this Section. To qualify for a license as a lead inspector, lead risk assessor, lead supervisor, or lead worker, an applicant shall meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit the Department-approved lead training course certificate.
- The training course completed shall be for the discipline for which licensure is sought. If the initial certificate is expired, include all subsequent IDPH approved refresher training
- Submit a recent 1” x 1” photograph of the applicant for proper identification of the licensee. The license will not be issued without an identification photograph
- Submit the appropriate completed application form provided by the Department
- Submit the required license application fee
- For applicants seeking licensure as a lead inspector, lead risk assessor, and lead supervisor, the applicant must meet the third party examination requirements of Lead Poisoning Prevention Code