Surveillance and epidemiological monitoring of conditions and infections help public health programs in the following areas:
- Identify target populations most affected
- Identify outbreaks or changes in trends
- Use data to drive policies and programs
- Allocate resources to maximize limited resources
- Plan for future direction based upon epidemiology changes
Surveillance data for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis can be found under Publications. Data may also be queried online through the IQuery and data.illinois.gov web sites (found under Resources).