Valid Government Issued Photo ID for Records

A valid government issued photo identification (ID) includes a driver’s license, a state issued photo ID, or a passport. If your driver’s license has an extension sticker on the back, submit a copy of both sides of the driver’s license. If expiration is no more than 6 months old, 1 additional document showing your name and your current address will be needed. 

If the expiration date is more than 6 months old or you do not have a valid photo ID, you will need 2 pieces of documentation with your name, 1 of which must show your current address, to prove your identity. One piece of documentation can be a bill (for example: electricity, cellular phone, water) or other mail showing your name and current address. The other piece of documentation must be one of the following items:

  • Medical/car insurance card
  • Car registration paperwork
  • Credit card statement
  • Bank statement
  • Paycheck stub with imprinted information
  • Public assistance card
  • Voter’s registration card
  • Active duty military ID with issued and expiration dates
  • EBT Link Card (Illinois Electronic Benefit Transfer)

NOTE: Social Security Cards are not acceptable

A Matrícula Consular card issued after October 2006, and not currently expired is acceptable on its own. However, if issued prior to October 2006, you will need to submit 1 additional documentation showing current address as noted above. If you do not have any of the items listed above, you will need to submit a copy of a current bill (for example: electricity, cellular phone, water) showing your name and your current address. 

If you are currently incarcerated, you can submit a dated copy of your prison intake/offender summary sheet containing your photo. If you have been released from prison within the last 6 months, a copy of the release papers along with the prison photo ID is acceptable.