More than 79,000 tests reported in 24 hours
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 4,245 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 22 additional deaths.
- Adams County: 1 male 90s
- Cook County: 1 male 50s, 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 3 females 80s
- Kane County: 1 male 70s
- Lake County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- Macoupin County: 1 female 70s
- Peoria County: 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Pike County: 1 female 90s, 1 female 100+
- St. Clair County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 90s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 90s
- Warren County: 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 344,048 cases, including 9,214 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from October 11 – October 17 is 5.3%. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 79,296 specimens for a total of 6,775,553. As of last night, 2,012 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 408 patients were in the ICU and 157 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.