SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 2,341 new cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 46 additional deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 20s, 1 female 30s, 1 female 40s, 1 male 50s, 2 females 60s, 1 male 60s, 2 females 70s, 3 males 70s, 6 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 90s
- Iroquois County: 1 female 60s
- Lake County: 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s, 3 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s
- Macon County: 1 male 70s
- Madison County: 1 female 60s, 1 male 90s
- Monroe County: 1 male 70s
- Sangamon County: 1 female 100+
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s
- Will County: 1 female 30s, 1 male 50s, 3 females 70s, 1 male 80s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 50s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 63,840 cases, including 2,662 deaths, in 97 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have processed 333,147 specimens for a total of 13,834.
*All data are provisional and will change. In order to rapidly report COVID-19 information to the public, data are being reported in real-time. Information is constantly being entered into an electronic system and the number of cases and deaths can change as additional information is gathered. Information for deaths previously reported have changed, therefore, today’s numbers have been adjusted. For health questions about COVID-19, call the hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org