SPRINGFIELD – First Lady Diana Rauner will join the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois Public Health Association for the 2017 Women’s Health Conference in Springfield. The conference is an opportunity for health care and public health providers to learn new information related to disease prevention and management, including nutrition and the latest therapy and advancements, in order to enhance their programs and educate their clientele.
WHAT: 2017 Women’s Health Conference
WHERE: President Abraham Lincoln Hotel
701 E. Adams St.
WHEN: Thursday, March 23, 2017 - Conference begins at 8:45 a.m.
Friday, March 24, 2017 – Conference concludes at 12:45 p.m.
The following are sessions included in this year’s conference.
- Advancing the Healthy of All Women-Starting Point for Advancing Health Equity and Optimal Health for All
- Pregnancy Complications and Subsequent CVD
- Promoting Maternal and Child Health, One Home Visit at a Time
- Triumph and Tragedy of Perseverance: The Science of Stress and Resiliency
- Safe Sleep Education, Community Engagement, and Baby Boxes
- Family Planning and School Health
- Accessing Women’s Health: Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Women’s Lives at the Intersection of Healthcare and Knowledge
- Opioid Use and Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- HIV Prevention for Women: Advocating for Sexual Reproductive Health
- Women’s Health and Precision Medicine
- What’s New with Lead Poisoning: Tap Water, Pica, and Pregnancy